Mornington Peninsula libraries are set to become even easier to access with a major upgrade to our online system.
The new system will have many features our customers have requested and includes a new app that will put the library onto your smartphone and will even store your library card.
The new library system will allow users to:
- More easily search the library online catalogue, including successful searching with misspelt words and easy-to-use filters
- Reserve an item without having to enter your details each time
- Renew all books with a single click
- Receive an alert if you need to return items to the Library
- Find eBooks, see if they are available and place holds in the library catalogue
- Build and manage wish lists
- Join the Library instantly online
- Reset pins online
- Receive SMS notifications of holds.
The new online system should be up and running and ready to use on Friday 30 April. To allow these exciting new changes to take place, our libraries will be closed on Thursday 29 April to allow staff to complete the transfer to the new system. Library chutes will remain open.
There will be some disruption to the library’s usual services in the weeks leading up to the launch of the new system and between 22 and 28 April:
- You will not be able to place reserves on items, renew items, or access your online
- account information
- We will not be able to return items, however no items will be due during this time (you are welcome to return items to the library, but they will not be removed from your card until 29 April)
- You will only be able to loan from the self-loan stations so please remember your library card
- Anyone joining the Library for the first time will be asked to limit initial loans to four items
We can only migrate the last two years of your reading history. If you would like to keep your entire reading history, please complete the following steps before 22 April:
- Log into your account details
- Select the History of Loans table information.
- Right-click and select copy.
- Open an Excel/Google sheets/Word document.
- Right-click and select paste.