Search Other Libraries
If you are looking for an item that Our Library does not hold, you may request an Interlibrary Loan through LibraryLink. This service enables you to borrow resources from other libraries.
Alternatively, customers may request Our Library to purchase items via New Item Request. These items must meet our Collection Management Plan.
Guidelines for Interlibrary Loans
- Items not held by Our Library may be requested online or at any of Our Library locations.
- NOTE: items NOT available for Interlibrary loan include:
- Items in special collections
- Books published in the past 36 months
- eBooks and other digital content
- All you need is a Library membership number and PIN.
- LibraryLink can only process five requests per customer at a time – this includes items currently on Interlibrary loan as well as requested items.
- Copies (photocopies or digital) of articles and chapters, can also be requested.
- Customers are bound by the conditions of the lending library. Items provided by the State Library of Victoria must not be removed from Our Library buildings and can only be read within Our Library.
- Customers can choose to collect Interlibrary loan items from any of Our Library locations.
- Our Library will hold items for a period of 10 days from the date the customer is notified that the item is ready for collection.
- Customers are liable for damage or loss of any item. Fees or charges for damaged or lost items, are set by the lending library – usually a minimum of $50.
- Inter-Library loan fees apply to all Interlibrary loans.
- Interlibrary loan fees are $7.00 per item or $3.50 concession.
- University and Special Libraries charge an extra fee for any items they supply – currently $16.50.
- Overdue fees will apply on overdue items.
- Loan periods are set by the lending library. The due date will be provided on the date slip. Loan periods are usually set at three weeks, unless otherwise specified by the lending library.
- Items may be renewed by contacting Our Library staff. Renewal dates may be restricted by the lending library.
Making an Interlibrary loan request – 9 easy steps
- Go to https://llv.net.au Click on the Sign In on the top right hand corner.
- Enter your user ID and Password. Your ID is your Mornington Peninsula Library membership number and the password is your PIN.
- Select Mornington Peninsula Library Service from the pull down menu under Library Service.
- Search for the book you want. Results may take a while.
- Once you have found the item you wish to request, click on Get It. Hint : A request placed against items with "holdings" may be more successful.
- Enter Amount Willing to Pay
If item is available from a public library, enter $0 in Amount Willing to Pay
If item is only available from a university or special library, enter “16.50” in the Amount Willing to Pay.
- Select your branch library from the pull down menu under Pickup Location.
- Then click request. Please note that Our Library’s reservation fee will be added to each request when it arrives. Library staff may contact you to confirm fees and conditions regarding your request.
- Select Sign Out button on the top right hand corner.
You can track the progress of your Interlibrary loan requests by logging on to LibraryLink Victoria and clicking My Requests. Please allow several weeks for delivery.