Get Booked This Summer
Mornington Peninsula Libraries Summer Reading Program for Adults
It's summer time on the Mornington Peninsula and what better time to get out doors and enjoy all that the Peninsula has to offer accompanied by a book from the Mornington Peninsula Libraries.
Take part in our fun reading activities this summer and get booked!
- Visit one of our libraries on or after Thursday 21 November, 2019 and pick up a library bingo game card.
- Read books that fit in to the following categories:
has a number in the title, mystery or thriller, collection of short stories, was recommended to you, has been made into a movie, is set in another country, was published this year, has won a prize, has a red cover, is a book in a series, written by an indigenous author, an eBook or eAudiobook, was written by an Australian author, is a classic, was on display in the library or written by a debut author.
- Finish four categories in a row either across, down or diagonal. You have BINGO!
- Return your completed card/s to a library staff member by 6pm Friday 31 January, 2020 to go in the draw to win one of three $50 vouches from Farrells bookstore, Mornington.
- You must be over 18 and a library member to enter. Winners will be drawn on Wednesday 5 February, 2020.
Match your next read with what you are likely to do over the summer on the Mornington Peninsula with our reading personality quiz. Will you be matched with something sassy and saucy; bittersweet and engaging; a psychological thriller or a fast paced crime? At the end of the quiz, see what our expert Library team recommends for your summer reads.
Virtual book club
December's bookclub book is The Other Woman by Sandie Jones. A fast-paced domestic psychological thriller in which a mother's love for her son threatens the relationship he is building with his new girlfriend.
Available from December 1, 2019
January bookclub book is Hive by A.J. Betts. A compelling and immersive alternate-world story from the award-winning and bestselling author of Zac & Mia.
Available from January 1, 2020
Join the discussion at Mornington Peninsula Libraries Get Booked Facebook Group
Note: the Get Book Facebook Group will be private and monitored by library staff. For full conditions of group membership please see the Facebook group page.