We have a great range of eBooks you can read on your PC, MAC, Tablet or smart phone anytime, anywhere for our library members.
- Our eBook loan period is 3 weeks, then you can renew the eBook or it is automatically returned.
- If an eBook is on loan, you can reserve a place in line. You will receive an email when the book is ready for you to download and read.
How to borrow an eBook using an mobile phone or tablet
1. Download the Borrow Box app on your mobile phone or tablet.
2. Open the app and search for "Mornington Peninsula Library Service".
3. Enter your library card number and PIN - if you're unsure of your PIN, contact your nearest library Branch.
4. Browse or search for eBooks. To download an eBook, press on the cover image and select borrow.
How to borrow an eBook using an eReader
1. Check the list of eReaders that you can use with Borrow box on Adobe's Blog
2. Make sure that you have installed Adobe Digital Editions. If you haven't installed this software yet, please visit the Adobe Digital Editions download page and follow the installation instructions provided.
3. On first launch of Adobe Digital Editions click on Help > Authorize Computer. In the following screen choose Adobe ID from the dropdown menu and enter your Adobe ID and password. If you don't have an Adobe ID yet please click on the Create an Adobe ID link on the right hand side or visit the Adobe login website and click on Get an Adobe ID.
4. On the download page press the Download eBook button. When you get a pop-up dialogue box asking you whether you would like to Open, Run or Save, make sure that you select Open With and choose Adobe Digital Editions. Adobe Digital Editions will then import the eBook file and you can find it in the Borrowed section on the left side.
5. To transfer an eBook to an eReader device... Attach your eReader device to your computer. It should appear in Adobe Digital Editions in the list on the left side. Now just drag the eBook onto the device.
Please note: Amazon Kindle fire please follow these installation instructions. Other Kindle devices from Amazon.com are not compatible with the Borrowbox eBook platform.
What stories do you have for children?
Engaging online storytelling for kids - a little bit cheeky, a little bit charming and a whole lot of fun!
Visit the Storybox website to learn more.
Select the Mornington Peninsula Library Service and enter your library card number to access
To obtain help using any of these devices please see the friendly staff at our library branches.
Not a library member? Join here.
Forgot your PIN request it by email here and it will be sent to you within one working day.