Search Other Libraries
Are you looking for a specific item, but Our Library doesn’t have it in our collection?
You don’t need to rush out and buy it, there are two options available for you:
You can request an Inter-Library loan, a service that allows you to borrow resources from other libraries across Victoria, or you can request Our Library to purchase the item via the New Item Request. (Please note, these items must meet our collection criteria)
Inter-Library Loans FAQ
What items can I request for Inter-Library loans?
You can request: books, talking books, large print books, DVDs, CDs and journal articles.
You cannot request: magazines, games, books released in the last 3 years, or items from a digital collection such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines etc.
How many items can I request for an Inter-Library loan?
You can request a maximum of five items at any one time.
You can request a maximum of 10 LOTE (Languages other than English) items.
How long will it take to receive my Inter-Library loan?
It is difficult to estimate exactly how long it will take for an Inter-Library loan to arrive. Depending on availability, it may take several weeks, but most item requests come in about two–three weeks.
You can monitor the progress of your Inter-Library loan request via your Library Link account.
How long is the loan period for an item requested via Inter-Library loans?
Inter-Library loan periods are set by the lending library, typically for three weeks. Your loan period will be set on the date slip. Renewals can be requested by contacting Our Library staff before the due date. Renewals may be restricted by the lending library.
Does it cost to request an item via Inter-Library loan?
Yes, fees apply to all Inter-Library loans except for LOTE items (languages other than English).
Inter-Library loan fees are $8.00 per item or $4.00 if you hold a valid concession card.
Children's books will be charged at the concession rate of $4.00
University and special libraries charge an extra fee on top of the initial fee for any item they supply, currently $32.40.
Users of Mornington Peninsula Libraries Home Library Service will not incur any charges for Inter-Library loans.
A Library staff member may contact you to confirm fees and conditions regarding your request.
What are my responsibilities?
Customers are bound by the conditions of the lending library.
Items provided by the State Library of Victoria must not be removed from Our Library buildings and can only be read within Our Library.
Customers can choose any of our library branches to collect their Inter-Library loan, items will be held for a period of 10 days from the date the customer is notified the item is ready for collection.
Customers are liable for any damage or loss of Inter-Library loan items. Fees or charges for damaged or lost items are set by the lending library – usually at a minimum of $50.
How do I make an Inter-Library loan request?
- Go to https://llv2.vdxhost.com/zportal Click on the Sign In on the top right hand corner.
- Enter your user ID and Password. Your ID is your Mornington Peninsula Library membership number and the password is your PIN.
- Select Mornington Peninsula Library Service from the pull down menu under Library Service.
- Search for the item you want. Results may take a while.
- Once you have found the item you wish to request, click Get It. Hint : A request placed against items with "holdings" may be more successful.
- In the “Amount Willing to Pay” box enter $0 *Please note “$0” is a process of the request, you will be charged a $4.00/$8.00 fee for the item. If the item is from a University or a special library, you will need to enter $32.40.
- Under “Pickup Location” please use the pull down menu to select the branch you wish to collect the item from.
- Then click request. Please note that Our Library’s reservation fee will be added to each request when it arrives. Library staff may contact you to confirm fees and conditions regarding your request.
- Select Sign Out button on the top right hand corner.