Free movie streaming with Hoopla
Hoopla offers a massive catalogue of over 900,000 titles (and growing) to choose from and all items are instantly available to members.
Hoopla is a digital media service that allows library members to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks, eComics, Movies and TV shows to enjoy on their computer or mobile device with no holds or waiting periods.
All titles can be streamed immediately or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later.
Mornington Peninsula Library card holders can borrow up to 10 instant borrows per month per member.
Free movie streaming with Kanopy
We have over 30,000 videos that you can stream on your preferred devices for free anytime, anywhere for our library members.
- You can stream up to 6 adult videos a month
- You can stream unlimited from the Kanopy Kids collections.
How many titles can I borrow?
You can borrow up to 10 items per month, per library membership.
Please note the below loan periods per item:
- Movies and TV Shows: 3 day loan
- Music: 7 day loan
- Audiobooks: 21 day loan
- eBooks: 21 day loan
- Graphic Novels and Comic Books: 21 Day Loan
What do I need to access Hoopla?
To access Hoopla you will need:
- Web or full library membership, and your membership card number and PIN
Please note, web only members will only have a maximum of 3 items to loan per month.
For computers and Laptops:
- Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com.au/
- If you are using Hoopla for the first time, select Get Started Today
- Fill in your email address and create a password
- Choose your library (Mornington Peninsula Libraries)
You can opt in to email updates, or just click Next
- Enter in your Library Card Number and click on I agree
For Mobile/Tablet devices:
Download the app to access Hoopla on your mobile devices
How do I set up a Kanopy Account
- Click on http://mornpen.kanopy.com.
- Enter your Mornington Peninsula Library Barcode
- Click “Sign up” in the top right corner of the screen
- You can use your Facebook or google accounts to create a Kanopy account or you can use your email address. If you use your email address, you will need to click the “Verify My Email” button
- Watch now
What are play credits and how many play credits do I have?
Play credits are the maximum number of films you can stream each month. Our library members have 6 play credits per month.
How many play credits does it cost to watch a film?
In the general Kanopy collection each film will use 1 play credit.
How do I reactivate my Kanopy account?
You may see inactive libraries listed under My Account > My Libraries (on the Kanopy website) or under More > Memberships (in the app).
These are Kanopy memberships that are no longer active.
You can reactivate your membership using these steps:
On the Kanopy website
- Go to www.kanopy.com and log in to your Kanopy account.
- Select the account menu in the top-right corner and go to My Account > My Libraries.
- If the inactive library is a public library, select Add your library card under the library name, enter your library card number (and PIN, if required), and select Save.
On the Kanopy mobile app
- Tap More.
- Tap Memberships.
- Tap the inactive library's name in the list of memberships.
- Enter your library card number (and PIN, if required) or your university credentials.
- Tap Verify.
Is watching Kanopy kids unlimited?
Can I control what my children watch?
You can set up Parental Controls to make sure your kids are viewing age-appropriate content on Kanopy. With Parental Controls enabled, you will need to enter your PIN when exiting Kanopy Kids in order to watch content outside of the Kanopy Kids collection.